Cameras and other recording devices are welcome in our viewing blinds, provided they do not place the cranes at risk or detract from the experience for others. Below are rules/guidelines for photography and recording in the general viewing blinds:
- Rowe Sanctuary reserves the right to ban use of any device determined to be a nuisance.
- No flash allowed.
- Continuous mode or rapid fire photography is not allowed.
- Tripods are not allowed in the viewing blinds due to space limitations and tripping hazards. Monopods are allowed (tripods CAN NOT be used as a monopod).
- The use of cameras and any other recording devices will be allowed in the viewing blinds ONLY when there is enough light to prevent disturbance to cranes. This will prevent illumination from LCD screens in the blinds from spooking cranes roosting on the river and from diminishing the viewing experience for all visitors in the viewing blinds. Otherwise, all cameras and recording devices must be stored during the tour.
- Tablets (i.e. - Ipads, etc.) are not allowed.
- If you have a large lens, it cannot extend outside of the window. This applies to everything else as well (i.e. - hands, face, binoculars, etc.).
- If you plan to use your camera phone, you must change your settings to Airplane Mode and silent while on the tour.