Reservations can be made starting January 3, 2017, by calling 308-468-5282 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday - Friday. Please review the information below prior to making a reservation.
Dates for 2017:
March 18 - April 8
Tour Start Times:
6:00 a.m. & 6 p.m.
Tour lasts approximately 2 hours.
Fees (sales tax not included):
Pre-payment is required and can be done with Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Note: Cancellations are refundable up to 7 days prior to your trip, but are subject to a 5% charge on your purchase total.
Where to Meet:
All tours start at the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center. Directions: Take I-80 Exit 285 (Gibbon exit) and drive south two miles to Elm Island Road, turn west (right) onto Elm Island Road and travel two miles to the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center parking lot entrance located on the north side of the road.
Drive time from south Kearney to the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center is approximately 20-25 minutes. If you are staying in Grand Island, drive time is approximately 45-50 minutes.
N 40° 40.178
W 98° 53.088
March and April can be very cold and you will be standing in an unheated blind for about two hours, so dress appropriately. It is better to wear too much than not enough!
What to Wear:
- The warmest coat and clothing you have, including long underwear
- The warmest boots you have, along with wool or synthetic socks (avoid cotton)
- Very warm mittens or gloves
- Stocking cap or insulated hat
- Please wear dark clothing as this helps us to blend in with our surroundings when walking to and from the blinds
What to Bring:
- Camera (NO FLASHES) &/or video camera - See 'Photography Policy' below
- Warm drinks & snacks (chemical toilets are outside each blind)
- Flashlights are NOT allowed
Photography Policy for Photographers Crane Tour
- Rowe Sanctuary reserves the right to ban use of any device determined to be a nuisance.
- No flash allowed. All flashes and focusing lights on cameras must be covered with black plastic tape before arriving for the tour.
- Tripods and continuous mode or rapid fire photography are allowed.
- Camera lenses cannot extend outside of the window. This applies to everything else as well (i.e. - hands, face, binoculars, etc.)
- Use of tablets (i.e. - Ipads, etc.) are not allowed and cells phones must be placed on silent.